Monday, August 27, 2007

A sad day for anyone who ever wanted to go into television...

Everybody's favorite ex-husband has landed himself a big break...Yes, Kevin Federline will in fact have a recurring guest role on the CW's show One Tree Hill. In fact, Federline was spotted in Wilmington, NC where the show is filmed all of last week, and rumors have it that he will be back in the near future to film the rest of his character's story arc, who is said to be a "cocky, enigmatic frontman for a rock band" ...perhaps someone to tempt Peyton away from Lucas AGAIN this season?

This leads me to two conclusions:

1. We live in a sad sad world where a man who has no other accomplishments in life other than being Britney Spears' ex-husband gets to be on television. Albeit, I'm rooting for Kevin more than Britney now a days, and yes, the man may have started out as a backup dancer, but he's now living the freaking American Dream. I mean...how much does he get in weekly allowance from Britney (despite the fact that the man has 5 illegitimate children floating around Hollywood). But, seriously America? -- why would cast Kevin Federline? Is he really going to get you more audiences...I don't think so.

Which brings me to...
2. How desperate are the CW and One Tree Hill to cast KFed in the first place? It saddens me greatly that one of my favorite shows has been run into the ground by the dissolution of the WB (my favorite network, yes...I'm a teeny bopper, ok?).

Sad times. But oddly entertaining. Also, I'm still going to watch the show, so, there's that. Sorry Tyler Hilton, you've been replaced.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20053263,00.html

No comments: