Monday, August 20, 2007

Most Depressing Things I Could Possibly Think Of...

Most depressing scene from a movie ever:



It really just hurts me to see Hugh Dancy is such pain...but...I'm right there with him. When I saw this movie for the first time, I thought the writers were personally attacking me. It still kind of stings when I think about it.

Top 5 Most Depressing Songs:

1. REM - Everybody Hurts
"Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along
When your day is night alone."
2. Azure Ray - Displaced
"Am i making something worthwhile out of this place
Am i making something worthwhile out of this chase
I am displaced"
3. Bill Joel - And So It Goes
"So I would choose to be with you
That's if the choice were mine to make
But you can make decisions too
And you can have this heart to break
4. Imogen Heap - Goodnight and Go
"Why'd you have to be so cute
It's impossible to ignore you
Must you make me laugh so much
It's bad enough we get along so well"
5. Guster - Either Way
"You were almost kind, you were almost true
Don't let me see that other side of you
You have learned in time that you must be cruel
I'll have to wait to get the best of you"

Alright, so...they're all pretty much about unrequited love, but...I'm going to throw this out there: that can be pretty depressing, no? Story of my life. Damn it. Now I'm all sad.

But seriously, sometimes you just need to be a little bit depressed, though. And I believe that these 5 songs and that one movie clip could be your savior (or your deep plummet into melancholy...either one). And at least we know what unrequited love is good for--writing amazing songs (and I suppose drunken confessions). Take it from a heartbroken songwriter, I have about two great songs just from these past three months alone (and probably more drunken confessions that I can count). I mean, look at Adam Levine from Maroon 5 -- he's still writing songs about his ex, even after writing an entire album of songs about her. Some people just take their time in getting over it...which I suppose is fine, because I happen to be one of those people.

And on a happier note: ...I'm two songs closer to finishing my album and am really in love with Hugh Dancy?...nope, I've got nothing.

No comments: