Friday, August 17, 2007

Question of the Day: Batman vs. Superman?

So, today during our prerecruitment morale break, we decided to play "Would you rather?" --- and here came the question that I couldn't answer:

If Batman and Superman got into a fight...who would win?

Here are the facts:

Batman
- normal guy with expert knowledge of martial arts of all kinds
- extremely wealthy
- 6'2" and 215 lbs
- played by Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and Christian Bale
- 20/20 vision
- proactive, at least 2 steps ahead of opponent
- vulnerability: picture of his parents (his anger/sadness?)
- good with the ladies...

Superman
- alien with superpowers, but nerdy guy by day
- 6'3" and 225 lbs
- played by Christopher Reeves and Brandon Routh (and I guess you can count Tom Welling)
- unlimited x-ray vision
- reactive to the situation....but not proactive in defense
- vulnerability: kryptonite
- not so good with the ladies...in fact, he can only hook up with Lois Lane when he's in his Superman gear (get some balls, Clark)

All these facts together lead me to the long winded conclusion that although I secretly in my heart wish that Batman could win this fight...I'm pretty sure Superman would prevail. As my friend Jenna says, Bruce Wayne has the wealth and technological resources to procure some sort of kryptonite...but, he's classy, and wouldn't fight dirty.

I'm inclined to agree.

Kudos, Superman. You win this time.

No comments: