Monday, August 20, 2007

A Public Service Announcement from The Scale of Death!!!!!!: Put your shirt on. Seriously. It's gross.

I guess this is what I get for going to the gym at one in the morning, but I'm sitting down to do some incline bench tonight and I look over and standing there, flexing in the mirror (I kid you not) is a sweaty, shirtless dude. Now, this guy wasn't Jabba the Hutt or anything, but he wasn't exactly an Abercrombie model either, and I'm not sure who he was trying to impress since he was there with his girlfriend, who I'm assuming has already seen and come to terms with his flabby body. I normally find it kind of obnoxious when guys go running without shirts, but I can kind of understand if it's hot outside and hey, if you spend a lot of time working on your body, you might as well show it off (if you don't, though, please put it away). But there is no excuse for being half-naked in the gym -- that's downright unsanitary. I was thinking about going over and taking my shirt off to shame him, but I was too busy doing clap push-ups. That's right, regular push-ups are too easy for me. What now?

So please, overweight, sweaty guys, wear a shirt -- no one wants to see your fat rolls jiggle in the wind, or rub up against a piece of equipment that was just covered in your soaking torso. Same goes for women in sports bras -- if you're going to do it, make sure you've got the goods to back it up (in which case, it is highly encouraged).

The more you know...

No comments: