Friday, August 24, 2007

5 Things That Annoy Me...

1. Friends who get mad at you and won't tell you why - I mean, this one is just absolutely ridiculous. If I did something to make you mad, just tell me ... please don't go around avoiding me and not talking to me. It makes it especially awkward when you live in the same house (or even the same room). Seriously, be a big girl and tell me what I did to anger you -- I can take it. And it sure as hell beats being in uncomfortable silence for an entire day...in my own bedroom.

2. The financial aid office - seriously, you're already controlling my fate...do you have to be a bitch when giving me bad news? It's really just unfair. How am I supposed to miraculously come up with the $13,000 that your financial aid doesn't cover??? Didn't you read my FAFSA...I can't afford that shit. And now this is me looking forward to the two jobs I'm going to need to get to keep myself in school. Lovely.

3. People who constantly click their pens - it's just an annoying noise. Truly. There are other people in the room who perhaps are too ADD to focus when you do that. Honestly, maybe it's that I can't pay attention to one thing at a time (says the girl who watches TV while surfing the internet and talking on AIM simultaneously) -- but really, the pen clicking is too obnoxious for my poor ears.

4. Couples who strongly believe in PDA - is it not bad enough that you're in a happy relationship while I'm bitterly single, but now I have to watch you flaunt it? No one wants to see you stick your tongue down your boyfriend's throat...I mean, I have no problem with adorable hand holding or even some snuggling, but when I walk out of the room for 2 seconds and then come back to you giving your boyfriend a lap dance on my couch...I tend to go a little crazy.

5. Singing the wrong lyrics - if you don't know the lyrics, let the iPod sing it without you. Learn the words before you sing along. Lyrics are readily available through a thing I like to call "the internet." Don't make excuses, either...if you're just learning a song for the first time, sing through it a few times on your own -- not in my car, please. It's distracting, and G-d knows I don't want to be in any other accidents. This one I will actually blame on you. I don't know what it is about this one, but it really gets me for some reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve sings the wrong lyrics sometimes... it used to bug me, now it's just kind of endearing.

but that's me...

ps- it's not anonymous, it's jenna!
pps- i used to think jimmy hendrix said "excuse me while i kiss this guy" in purple haze... i was actually a little disappointed when i found out the truth... sometimes blissful ignorance IS the way to go...