Thursday, August 23, 2007

Do you know who I am??

Monday night was a very big night for me. I had my first trip to the hospital, my first head CT and my first concussion. It was also the first time that I realized it is possible to talk your way to the top...or at least ahead of the diabetic guy whose toes were falling off. After my friends got me in to see the actual doctor )I was too tired and out of it to do much) that's where the fun really began. The asian lady in the bed next to me had been in some sort of a car accident but she didn't speak much english and kept saying she was hit by a train. There was also the pregnant lady who came in with contractions and was whisked off by the freaked out ER nurses to wherever it is that babies come from. I also really liked the homeless man who stared at my friend and didn't blink for about four minutes-he was pretty cool. But the best thing about my hospital visit was convincing the guy who wheeled me up to radiology that I was on MTV. Here is essentially how the conversation went...:

Caitlin: How long is this going to take?? Don't you know who she is?? Do you watch MTV?

Radilogy man: No....i play video games

Caitlin: well they are making a game based on her. you should check it out.

Radiology man: you don't have to wait when you go in now...

That man was great. Not very intelligent but pretty cool. also i got some banging hospital socks with the rubber treads on the bottom so i couldn't slide around the hostpital and knock myself out again. Way to go Good Sam, keeping me safe.

No comments: