Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Like It Hot

This semester, I'm finally taking my first film class at USC (I'm currently applying to be a cinema-television minor, wish me luck)...and let me tell you, I was really excited. My first day in discussion we went around the table and were asked, "If your life were a movie, what genre of film would it be and who would star as you?" -- Now, I know exactly what genre my life would be (I talk about it constantly), but I had never put any thought into who would star as me! - shocking, right? Anyway...I kind of crumble under pressure so I answered Reese Witherspoon would play me in a musical. Yes, my life would be a musical...but Reese? Such a cop out answer.

So, today...my first day of lecture, we watched the amazing "Some Like It Hot." Now, I'd like to pride myself for being quite the movie aficionado, but I'll admit this was the first time that I'd ever seen the movie. In fact, the more into the film we got, I realized that I've spent very little time watching anything starring Marilyn Monroe. And I still can't quite figure out why.

If my life were to be a movie, I can honestly say that I'd like Marilyn Monroe to play the lead. Not only does the woman exude sex, but she stays classy, poised, and charismatic the entire way through. Now, I'm not comparing myself physically to Marilyn in anyway (although after I buy myself a new nose and rack, I will be infinitely closer), but disposition wise...I really admire her. I feel that I share a lot of her stage presence and leadership abilities (minus the troubled family life, foster parents, married not once, not twice, but THREE times, and the tragic suicide story).

Ok, so maybe we don't have that much in common...but really...get a load of her:



So, watch out cause I'm about one step away from bleaching my hair and chopping it off ;) But, I just can't help it...move over Reese, I think I found a new idol.

No comments: