Saturday, August 11, 2007

30 Days of Night: What I did with my summer vacation...

So, this summer I decided to give the professional film industry a go and intern at Mandate/Ghost House Pictures, a medium sized, self financed production company. Sweet, right? I had afternoon hours, 2-7, a full day of reading scripts for films that were already in post-production (they really trusted our judgment, right?). Anyway, one of my favorites was for "30 Days of Night" which comes out in October -- what can I say, I have a thing for vampires...I blame it on a childhood of idolizing Buffy.



Now, this is by no means the kind of film that I'd enjoy (minus the vampire fetish). In fact, reading the script for this film in particular made me want to claw my eyes out, and then laugh at it's 90 page finish. And this is the industry I want to break into...yippee! Oh well, at least it's good to see that Josh Hartnett is still getting work (cue my boss's snide comment about my poor taste in men).

No comments: