Saturday, September 1, 2007

Please, Don't Mess This Up!

After 4 years of painfully waiting through a quickie Vegas wedding,a disastrously tacky marriage to a backup dancer, two children, an affair with the manny, divorce, partying with Paris Hilton, a mental breakdown, and then rehab -- it looks as if Britney may FINALLY be getting her shit back together.

No, seriously!

Her song, "Gimme More," has been getting rave reviews. After debuting on the radio on Thursday afternoon, by Friday morning it was the most circulated song on the radio and #80 on the pop charts. ...and I may have a copy of it on my itunes, and I haven't stopped shaking my ass to it all damn week! --it's addicting.

Not only this, but my girl Brit has actually been showing up to her scheduled venues to promote the record! Last night she made an appearance at LAX and she's scheduled to make a "suprise" appearance at the VMAs this Sunday--which is apparently why she's being galavanting all over town with creepy magician, Criss Angel (here's to hoping this performance is as good as her 2000 "Satisfaction/Oops...I Did It Again" striptease!). And fun fact about Criss Angel: he got his start doing magic tricks for me and my sister in our backyard when we were about 7 and 10 years old respectively (why couldn't my dad have managed him when he was going to become famous?)

Anyway, Britney, if you're out there and happen to stumble upon the scale of death...please, know that I'm here WATCHING YOU! And I've been waiting too long for you to disappoint me again. This is the final chance; if you blow it, I'm gone. I think I may be your only fan at this point in time, but I have faith in you!

Now that I've said this, she'll probably end up back in rehab or married to another loser next week, but here's to hoping. Cheers.

No comments: