Thursday, November 8, 2007

Back by popular request...

Apparently a month without blogging goes noticed...You think I'm kidding, but seriously...people actually check this thing still. Woo! Go me.

Anyway, this past month has been too packed for my liking. Keeping busy is one thing, but having no time for anything else is quite another. Except for movies, for some reason. I can't get enough of them.

Speaking of which: GO SEE AMERICAN GANGSTER! I don't care who you are or what your favorite type of movie is...it's a classic. It's this side of the 80s "Scarface." Take away the fact that Ridley Scott is my directing idol, and Russell Crowe is my all time favorite actor, and it's still a completely amazing film. In fact, most of my favorite scenes revolve around the devilishly dashing, Denzel Washington. Who else can get away with playing a character who makes friends with Chang Kai Shek and buys straight heroin on a random trip to Bangkok. Meanwhile delivering the line, "Why are they naked?....So they can't steal anything." Explaining a group of naked women making heroin in the projects of Harlem. In fact, Denzel is so fantastic that you even root for him a little bit (what's wrong with rooting for the bad guy?--well nothing, except that Russell Crowe is the gleaming beacon of light as the good guy). I don't want to give away the ending, but let me just say that the scene that finally contains both Denzel and Russell in the same room...well...I want to be part of THAT threesome (DIBS!). Hmm, Ridley you beat me this time!

On another note--I finally finished watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on DVD. All 7 seasons (that's 49 disks AND a made for TV movie)...I started in late June, and just finished two nights ago. No, seriously. 5 months of my life GONE (to Joe Lando, though, so I'm not really complaining). It seems like quite an accomplishment, but now I just don't know what to do with my insomnia habit. When it gets to 2 am I guess I'm going to have to start blogging again instead of popping in a DVD and drifting to sleep watching Jane Seymore and Joe Lando save lives on the Colorado Springs frontier. Perhaps I'll start another series...Six Feet Under is somewhere on my queue I think...maybe Roswell? --or if my mom actually buys me the new ANGEL box set for Hannukah, haha...hmmm.

Oh well. Sorry for the lack of cohesiveness...I'm a bit out of practice. Until later, Lewis: out.

1 comment:

Miss Bangkok Hotels said...

When I first visit Bangkok I found that I can see Temples everywhere, especially during the tour of the Chao Phraya River. I've saw the real lifes of people living on both sides of the river, It's a heart warming experience for me. One things to remember: when visiting temples, show respect to the Buddha, and the monks. Take off your shoes before entering into the hall and don't wear shorts or tank tops in temples.